|RISK aims to offer members and affiliated clubs the best, traditional Shotokan Karate training
in the New England Region of the US. We strive to:
- Adhere to the principles of Dojo Kun (precepts) by teaching and developing honesty, integrity, sincerity
and mutual respect among the members.
- Seek perfection of character
- Be faithful
- Respect others
- Refrain from violent behavior
- Bring out the best in each member through exciting and safe (non-contact) work-outs by well-trained
and enthusiastic instructors
- Teach traditional Shotokan Karate-do from Japan at the highest level of skills and technique
- Provide a friendly, encouraging, and helpful atmosphere for learning
How We Are Different
We practice enhanced Shotokan Karate-do a Japanes style developed by Master Gichin Funakoshi.
Our goal is to spread traditional Japanese Budo Karate as espoused by the founder of modern Karate — Gichin Funakoshi
— as well as Master Martin.
- All novice members will receive one on one, private training by one of our instructors after
joining our dojo. The length of this individual attention will vary depending on the new members' needs, but typically after
2 to 4 weeks, the beginners will be able to join in the group training.
- We teach authentic Japanese Karate-do. Shojukempo International Martial Arts Association, New England
Traditional Shotokan Karate-do Alliance is the main HQ. for RISK.
- Shoju-kempo ryu Karate-do, the advanced style of Shotokan Karate developed by Professor Larry
S.L. Martin Hanshi
- Our chief instructor, Sensei Larry S.L. Martin (
9th Dan ), is a World Class Instructor from New England. We also have many other certified black belt instructors.
of ISKU LLC
The goal of the
„International Seishinkai Karate Union“ is:
To be an international platform for open-minded karate-ka of all
major Japanese and Okinawan karate styles. We believe that an individual’s good moral character
and a passion for true karate-do are more important than an affiliation to a karate-style.
To accept people from all countries practicing any
major Japanese or Okinawan karate-style, without discrimination by sex, race, religion or origin of style. Our associated
dojos may maintain contact with their original styles or national organizations, without conflict of interest.
To be a center of traditional karate-do values: training
of kihon and preservation of the traditional kata, education of good human values in the spirit of budo and zen-philosophy,
as well as seeking friendship and harmony among all associated karate-dojos from various countries and cultures.
To organize international karate events on all continents in the context
of a multi-national framework. We will not make karate political and we will not get involved in the politics of national
karate bodies of any styles or sections. Instead, we provide a true alternative for those seeking additional education in
the tradition and true values of karate.